We want you to feel comfortable with how any personal data you share with us will be looked after or used. This Privacy Notice sets out how we collect, use and store your personal data.
It is our intention to collect the minimum amount of personal data necessary to provide our services.
Our Privacy Notice may change over time, for example, in response to changes in good practice, legislation, or suggestions. Where we have made changes, these will appear on our website.
For further information on how we handle personal information, or to suggest improvements to this notice, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cyber Springboard is currently run by me, Alex Collins, as an individual.
You can contact me by email at: email@example.com.
The types of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics. For example, name and contact details, online identifiers such as IP address.
- Information about your activites on the site where you have created an account with us.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To access our services.
- To create an account with us.
- To receive emails from us.
- You have entered into a contract for other services with us.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Provide you access to our services.
- Provide you with emails you have requested.
- Personalise the services to you.
- Monitor and manage our services, for example, protecting our services from abuse.
Sharing of personal information
We may share your information with our trusted partners and suppliers who work with us or on our behalf to deliver our services, but processing of this information is always carried out under our instruction. For example, third-parties are used for web hosting, which includes management of our email lists, and delivery of emails. We make sure that they store the data securely, delete it when they no longer need it and never use it for any other purposes. We enter into contracts with these service providers that require them to comply with Data Protection Laws and ensure that they have appropriate controls in place to secure your information.
We may disclose your information if required to do so by law, for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice, or in response to a valid request from a competent authority; or, in order to enforce our conditions of sale and other agreements.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (a) Your consent. For example, when you ask to receive emails from us. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For emails, you can click on the unsubscribe link.
- (b) We have a contractual obligation.
- (f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep your information for only as long as is required to provide the services to you. We will then dispose of your information by deleting the data.
Your data protection rightsUnder data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO's address is:Information Commissioner's Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk